Hello, If you have reached this page chances are, you are looking for the best cost of IVF treatment in Navi Mumbai. While researching about IVF cost one must also, try to find an IVF specialist/clinic that can accurately diagnosis infertility problem and makes sure the first cycle has the best chances of success. This can drastically reduce the actual amount you pay for your treatment.
Couples must educate themselves about the infertility treatment process to ensure they get the best results at an affordable cost.
At Thanawala Maternity Home we believe in educating the patient while providing a transparent and straight-forward treatment advice. This is necessary for a treatment like In-vitro Fertilisation as there are many parameters to be diagnosed- both in the male and female, to identify the cause of infertility and the prescribed treatment protocol has to be followed religiously by the couple, for effective and economical treatment. If couples know what has to be done and why they are better prepared to follow the treatment, which may significantly increase their changes of pregnancy.
However, Couples have to understand that IVF may not be the answer to all the questions of infertility. These couples might need other treatments. Couples need to understand this to avoid spending on IVF treatment which might not help them conceive.
What does the IVF Treatment Cycle Cost include?
IVF can be considered a work up to identify what is preventing the couple from becoming pregnant. This includes identifying the which (if any) male or female infertility factor is preventing pregnancy. Only, then do we prescribe a specific therapy for treating that factor. (To know in detail about the IVF diagnostic test please see-[page on IVF diagnostics] ) * All our diagnostics are done in-house under the doctor’s supervision.
Dr. Thanawala works closely with the patient to identify the root cause of infertility. Based on which he prescribes and monitors a treatment protocol for either or both the partners. He believes in making sure the first cycle has the best chances of success. So let’s looks at an overview of the cycle.
- Deciding the stimulation Protocol: One of the critical aspects of IVF success is to have good-number and quality embryos. This is possible only if, the women produce good number of egg follicles during ovulation. To achieve this a highly specific stimulation protocol is required. That’s what Dr. Thanawala does. He prescribes a stimulation protocol for the female after critically examining the patient’s history and reports to get the maximum number of good-quality eggs. At Thanawala’s stimulation drugs are not part of the IVF cycle cost as the amount of drugs required varies from patient to patient.
“Even though these drugs can be taken at home, for optimal results, we prefer if they are taken at our centre under our supervision as the drugs are temperature sensitive and can lose their efficacy if not stored and taken properly“.
- Regular Follicular Scan & Monitoring: Once stimulation begins the egg follicles have to be monitored every 2-4 days. This is done by Dr. Thanawala himself at the clinic to make sure the eggs are growing well. If any other tests are required they are done inhouse itself so the patients are not inconvenienced to search for elsewhere . This scanning and monitoring is done using an ultrasound. The monitoring continues till the time the eggs mature. This generally takes about 10-20 days depending on the patient.
- Doing the Ovum Pickup: Once the follicles are matured a trigger is given & the eggs are retrieved by a specialised procedure called Ovum Pickup. At Thanawala’s we do an ultrasound guided ovum pickup of the eggs.
- Specialised Embryology Development (lab): The Matured eggs are now taken to our specialised in-house IVF lab where each & every of these miniscule eggs and sperms are checked for their quality to eventually deliver a good embryo. The best ones are selected and one sperm is injected in one egg to form an embryo (called ICSI method). These embryos are further quality checked by our embryologist to identify the best ones.
- Embryo Transfer: After the ovum pickup the woman’s uterus lining is prepped for accepting the embryos developed in the lab. Once all parameters are met we transfer the embryos in a specialised manner to increase the chances of latching onto the uterus wall and grow. Whether the embryo latches and grows or it doesn’t, is where the failure rate of IVF comes in. which can be as high as 60%.
If the infertility factor is on the male side an IUI may be prescribed before opting for IVF Cycle.